Tuesday, 4 April 2017

Qualities cultivated by yoga - patience


Please click on the video below to watch, 'Qualities cultivated by yoga - patience'-on my YouTube Channel.



Please read the disclaimer on the blog before following these videos -http://flexiladies.blogspot.co.uk/p/disclaimer.html

Patience is defined as an ability to tolerate delay and it's something I really need to work on. I don't cope well with queuing and I am the kind of person who wants things done yesterday.

When I broke my wrist 3 years ago I couldn't wait to get back to my yoga and although most of the time I practiced yoga that could be done without pressure on my wrist, there was the odd Downward Facing Dog in there - something I would definitely not recommend to students in a similar situation!!  

On the mat though, in general, I do listen to my body and work to my own capabilities as should we all.  Straining to get in a pose may cause injury at worst and at best you will lose the benefits of that pose.  The breath is a good indicator of whether or not you are straining - if the breath is not steady, it is a good indicator that you should come out of the pose.  In this week's video practice listening to your body as we work towards a supported Reclined Hero pose.  Use props if you need to and if any pose does not feel right for you, leave it out - there is always an alternative that will provide the same benefits.  The meditation is again one that focuses on my own experience of nature.  

Off the mat remember being patient will be less stressful than getting in a tizz. If there is nothing you can do about a situation, it is best just to accept it.  

Namaste,


No comments:

Post a Comment