Sunday, 31 January 2016

This week on 40plusandalliswell


It is Burns' Night tonight and since both my grandparents, on my mother's side, came from Scotland, I couldn't let it pass without making this vegan 'haggis' pie.
Haggis was made famous by Robert Burns in his 'Address to the haggis' but it is believed the dish actually originated in England.
My take on this dish is made from dried split chickpeas which you will need to soak for several hours in the fridge but if you haven't got any or time is short, you could use brown lentils instead.
Happy Burns' Night!

Read about the health benefits of ginger and how to make a ginger tea on my 'sister' blog-http://40plusandalliswell.blogspot.co.uk/2016/01/superfood-ginger.html

If you haven't much time in the morning (5 more minutes in bed or get up and make breakfast? 5 more minutes in bed!!!) these granola 'clusters' may help. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment