Saturday, 11 April 2015

Eye Yoga

Note- if you wear glasses or contact lenses, please remove these whilst doing eye yoga.

Eye yoga only takes a few minutes a day, but it can make a huge difference to your eye health.  Our eyes work hard.  We stare at computer screens and televisions, and we read in poor, artificial light straining our eyes.  Our eye muscles can eventually lose their flexibility and tone and this can lead to age related eye problems.  Eye yoga restores this flexibility and tone as well as increasing blood circulation to the eyes.  I also noticed that when I started doing eye yoga my 'computer headaches' disappeared.

Before you do the following video you might want to spend a few minutes in Legs up the Wall or if inversions are not for you, practice Downward Facing Dog or Puppy Pose.  These poses bring blood to the eyes.
Another way you can keep your eyes in peak condition is to practice blinking.  Try it every hour if you work at a computer to keep your eyes moist and free of tension and increase your concentration.

I recently recorded a candle gazing meditation, during my 'New beginnings-Opening up to new possibilities' video which may also be beneficial- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW4hKmQTKPY 
Please read the disclaimer on the blog before following these videos http://flexiladies.blogspot.co.uk/p/disclaimer.html
The meditation at the end of the yoga practice is a Candle Meditation. A battery powered candle is used in the video-PLEASE TAKE CARE if you are using a real candle and make sure you are aware of safety at all times and after the meditation please make sure the candle is put out correctly and safely.
Article on the blog to accompany this video -http://flexiladies.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/new-beginnings-opening-up-to-new.html
Thank you
Copyright © 2015 Flexiladiesyoga


Eye yoga-http://flexiladies.blogspot.co.uk


Please read the disclaimer on the blog before following these videos- http://flexiladies.blogspot.co.uk/p/disclaimer.html

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel if you are enjoying my videos.
Thank you 
Copyright © 2015 Flexiladiesyoga

Namaste,
Janet x

2 comments:

  1. Yeah thanks dear for sharing such great tip here. I also wear glasses, but I never remove them while doing San Jose Yoga. But I will take care now, and you shared great tips here for beginners like me in yoga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I was able to help.
      Thank you for your comment. It has been lovely to hear from you.

      Delete